Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Anemone for 29 Gallon Biocube?

englunkmenglunkm Posts: 2
edited October 2011 in Nano Tanks
I have a 29 gallon biocube that is currently cycling. I eventually want to get an anemone that will host a pair of black ocellaris clownfish. I understand they often move around in the tank and that they can be difficult to care for. I was just curious as to what the best anemone will be for the set up I currently have (I attached a picture to this thread).

Also, I currently have the stock lighting but I'm looking to upgrade to the 20" SunPod 1x250W 14k HQI Fixture. For the time being, will the stock lighting on the oceanic biocube be sufficient for an anemone? I also have just one powerhead in the tank and was wondering if it looks like another would be beneficial with my aquascape. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!
IMG_2209.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 95K

Comments

• Reef safe eelReef safe eel Posts: 122
    edited October 2011
    I would go with a sebae bubble tip anemone and nice tank the anemone with have a better chance of surviving if you let you take mature say 3-6 months alot of Time but in this hobby anytime you can save a fish or addition to your tank is worth it.
  • muttley000muttley000 Posts: 654
    edited October 2011
    Agree with waiting, but I would consider 6 months an absolute minimum. I would upgrade the lighting before you get it. I would also urge you to leave any corals out of the system if you are going with the nem. They move around and they will win the stinging war against whatever they come in contact with!
  • Reef safe eelReef safe eel Posts: 122
    edited October 2011
    Yes i also truly belive 6 month is minimum just try to wait as long as possible because if iit dies while your tank is young it could crash it, and i currently have a sebae bt anenome and it leaves my corals and clam alone it moves but doesnt bother them but of course every system is different.